httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Rief <jacob.r...@tiscover.com>
Subject Re: mysqlsupport for virtuals.
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:19:31 GMT
I did some work on this. I am using mod_rewrite
and do a dynamical lookup for a rewrite-map using
LDAP. If you wish you may use a RDB instead of LDAP:
This dynamic rewrite-map then can be used to map virtual
hosts and whatever you want.

The biggest problem with mod_rewrite is, that it does
allow only one instance of a mapping program to run.
And if this progam has a problem, the whole webserver
has a problem. I therefore wrote a patch which allows
to link dynamically such a mapping-dso into mod_rewrite.

Unfortunately nobody from the Apache-group was ever
interrested in this patch. Not even comments.

Have a look at
http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/7688
and
http://homes.tiscover.com/jrief/apache_1.3.19-rewrite-dso.patch
BTW: the patch works up to version 1.3.26.

Jacob