httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Rosenman <...@lerctr.org>
Subject Re: Query: bugs 8712 and 10156/NOW 10235 as well.
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:15:53 GMT
On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 12:34, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I will plan to commit your patch in the next 24 hours.  e-mail me
> directly if this doesn't happen.
Just checked the commit logs, and you did this, thanks.  Can you close
the bug out?

> > > What is the exact failure with --enable-mods-shared=all?  Are the
> > > modules built?  Do they load?
>

> > I thought I included full scripts.... I can make a shell account
> > available.....
>
> I see the failure to load mod_access now.  I got frustrated by all the
> terminal control sequences at the end of your attachment.
Sorry, will try and clean up next time...

> Is ap_get_remove_host exported from httpd?  nm on httpd should be able
> to tell.  You may need to axe the libtool --silent option (LTFLAGS=' '
> ./configure ...), see how httpd and your DSOs are linked, and compare
> it with what a DSO build of Apache 1.3.  Maybe your level of libtool
> is broken for your platform, maybe there is something that Apache
> needs to do special.
Nope, it's not:
$ cd /usr/internet
$ ls
apache   apache2  httpd
$ cd apacehe2
-ksh: cd: apacehe2: [No such file or directory]
$ cd apache2/
$ ls
bin      cgi-bin  error    icons    lib      man      modules
build    conf     htdocs   include  logs     manual
$ cd bin
$ ls
ab           apu-config   dbmmanage    htdbm        httpd
apachectl    apxs         envvars      htdigest     logresolve
apr-config   checkgid     envvars-std  htpasswd     rotatelogs
$ nm httpd | grep ap_get_remove_host
$

> > > What exactly is the IPv6 failure?  Did everything build?  Was there a
> > > run-time failure?
>
> > Basically, on this platform for now you need to ignore the IPv6 stuff,
> > and not use it. (there is an API, but no protocol stack).
>
> It is the same with many Linux boxes on which Apache works fine
> without disabling the IPv6 support.  We don't choose to disable IPv6
> in the build if the API is there.
>
> Does Apache fail without --disable-ipv6?  Is there a symptom we can
> check for at configure time?  We do check for certain broken APIs and
> disable it in that situation.  Maybe there is another symptom we
> should check for.
YES, it fails at startup looking to bind to a IPv6 socket, IIRC.

I'll try to do more checking this weekend, but I can also offer a shell
account if an ASF developer/contributor/whatever wants to investigate
it.