httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <>
Subject RE: PATH_INFO in A2?
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 15:49:25 GMT
> From: Rasmus Lerdorf []
> > >
> > > Argh!  Why the heck is that off by default?
> >
> > It's on by default for dynamic pages, but there is no way that
> > can tell that a page is going to be served by PHP, so it is off for
> > Apache thinks are static pages.
> What is a dynamic page if not a PHP page?

Like I said, Apache doesn't know if a file on disk is meant for PHP or
not.  The best way to fix this would be for mod_php to set the value if
the filter is added for the request.

I agree, it would be cool if Apache could set this correctly based on
the filters that have been added for the request.

View raw message