httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Sylbert L" <sylb...@geodesiconline.com>
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:37:09 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm kinda new at this .. just started playing around with the apache source. I need to modify
the source such that apache doesn't close a socket connection once it is created. Any ideas
/ pointers on where to start & how to do this ? I'm just lookin at a temporary solution
for the time being .. It might just mean commenting out a few lines at a few places. But where
? Which module is responsible for handling HTTP connections ?

Also where would I find some documentation regarding the same .. eg the structure & framework
of apache, the different modules involved &  their functionality etc. Also some kind of
API reference or some pointers on how to get started on making my own module & stuff like
that. I went  through the developer documentation that comes with Apache & it seems quite
insufficient .. so i'd really appreciate it if any of you guys out there who have probably
travelled down this same road sometime in the past,  could lend me a hand with this. Thanks
a whole lot :-)