httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Jacques Clar" <>
Subject Re: mod_mem_cache segfault
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:20:55 GMT
I also have my server crashing few time with the new code added in mod
mem cache
revision 1.64, this one is harder to reproduce (could take over an hour
under heavy load).
The seg fault happen in
apr_set_tablen() from the following calls
That's all I known at that point.

>>> 06/17/02 04:26PM >>>
On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> > I made a mistake in the analysis below.  I can see
cache_pq_remove() is
> > not removing the object from the PQ in some cases. I think the
> > may be in cache_pq_pop() but I haven't quite figured out how this
> > function is supposed to work...

Okay, well, in talking to Ian and from the impression I get from Bill,
it could take a while to shake the bugs out of this code and stop
segfaults.  So with Ian's agreement, I'm going to punt the PQ code out
2.0.39, and we'll include it in 2.0.40.  Thanks Bill for your
efforts today!

View raw message