httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:37:56 GMT
jwoolley@apache.org writes:

> jwoolley    2002/06/13 14:10:40
>
>   Modified:    .        STATUS
>   Log:
>   This has magically gone away, and prefork's graceful now passes my
>   torture test.

actually, if I bang on it and trigger a graceful restart the parent
bails when using the default mutex mechanism (sysvsem) on Linux...

[Thu Jun 13 16:58:35 2002] [emerg] (22)Invalid argument: couldn't release the accept mutex

I think I put a fix for this in worker a while back...

with graceful, just after the sem gets removed a few sem operations in
children may still need to occur but with sysvsem they fail

I think the fix in worker says it is okay to get errors on the mutex
if we've just changed our generation number

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...