httpd-dev mailing list archives

From JHec...@t-online.de (Juergen Heckel)
Subject Problems with Apache 2.0.3.x as service on WinXP
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 10:17:21 GMT
Hi,
I have since v2.0.32 these two problems despite of the newest patches:

"Fix the working directory *for WinNT/2K/XP services only* to
change to the Apache directory (one level above the location
of Apache.exe, in the case that Apache.exe resides in bin/.)
Solves the case of ServerRoot /foo paths where /foo was not
on the same drive as /winnt/system32.  [William Rowe]"

First,
I'm the admin, the Apache service has admin rights, no problems when
Apache runs as console app., and no problem when Apache runs as service
on a Win2000 server; only XP makes troubles.

1. If Directory points to a mapped network drive (e.g. R:) the service
does not start:
   Syntax error: <Directory "r:"> path is invalid.

2. If DocumentRoot points to a mapped network drive (e.g. R:) the
service does not start:
   Syntax error: DocumentRoot must be a directory.

UNC-names are accepted instead of the mapped drives (local drives are ok
too),
but now mod_perl.so does not load:
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Cannot load F:/Apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server: The module was not found.

and PHP has similar problems.
Therefore I have to use mapped drivenames.

Juergen