httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0 Numbers
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:44:31 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>
> > Hrm..  Nope.  doing 'return DECLINED' from the post_config phase does not
> > stop the server from starting.  I have this:
>
> I thought you were supposed to return HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR.

In include/http_config.h it says:

/**
 * Run the post_config function for each module
 * @param pconf The config pool
 * @param plog The logging streams pool
 * @param ptemp The temporary pool
 * @param s The list of server_recs
 * @return OK or DECLINED on success anything else is a error
 */

So I guess I need to return 'anything else'

Trying this, ie. returning -2 it does the job.  But this seems a little
vague.  Should we perhaps have a #define FATAL -2 or something similar so
I don't get stepped on later on if someone decides to use -2 for something
else?

And no, I don't think it makes sense to overload INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR for
this.  To me that is a 500 error which is very much tied to a
request-level error.

-Rasmus