httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: core_output_filter buffering for keepalives? Re: Apache 2.0 Numbers
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:16:20 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> You can.  The buckets code is smart enough to (a) take no action if the
> apr_file_t is already in an ancestor pool of the one you're asking to
> setaside into and (b) just use apr_file_dup() to get it into the requested
> pool otherwise to handle the pool cleanup/lifetime issues.

One small amendment here:  If it's allowed to, in the (b) case above, it
will try to MMAP the file before it will try to apr_file_dup() it.  I
forget why we made that decision, but I imagine it still has merit.
Anyway, it's still the case that one those things will happen only if the
pool you've requested to setaside into is not an ancestor of the pool the
file is already opened into.  In other words, neither of these things will
happen to apr_file_t's that come out of mod_file_cache.

--Cliff