httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 developer documentation
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 05:12:42 GMT
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Arliss, Noah wrote:

> I've started playing with apache 2.0 with respect to writing modules and I
> was wondering if there was an ETA for more relavent up to date documentation
> for developers. Many of the documents including the API document have
> disclaimers saying "Warning: This document has not been updated to take into
> account changes made in the 2.0 version of the Apache HTTP Server. Some of
> the information may still be relevant, but please use it with care."

You might have seen this already, but just in case:  the API documentation
as it stands is almost all in the header files.  See
http://docx.webperf.org/ for an HTML-ized version.  It's not as
descriptive as the old as-yet-not-updated documents you mentioned, but
it's definitely helpful, and it's basically all we've got at the moment.

Hope this helps.

--Cliff