httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Performance Issue (fwd)
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 05:09:40 GMT

Can somebody look at this?  I'm busy with security issues.

--Cliff

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 20 Jun 2002 01:51:57 -0300
From: Denis A.V.Jr. <denao@uol.com.br>
To: jwoolley@apache.org
Subject: Re: Performance Issue

Hi There Cliff,

I'm sending you the lockstat -CP sleep 5 and truss -c files from both
versions.
Both of them are with the exact httpd.conf file (attached as well).

Note that the apache 1.3.26 truss -c file, I ran with a -F option.
The 1.3.22 I ran the stresser (client) before the server, so, when the
server came up, he was been bombarded already.

In this test, I used only 1 client (siege software) with 150 threads.
The server load reached ~40 loadav with the apache 1.3.26 configuration
and ~5 loadav with the apache 1.3.22 configuration.

Let me know if there's anything else that I might do to help.

I have a lot of apache servers, and with these performance problems I
can't upgrade and follow the security advisories.

B. Regards and thank you for your attention.

Denis