httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: [SNAFU?] 2.0.39 on daedalus
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:38:38 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Well, it turned out to be because I had forgotten to use &lt;&gt; instead
> of <> around the email addresses.  I have no idea why exactly it failed to
> load, but anyway fixing the HTML fixed the problem.  Brian Pane is
> investigating on a test machine.

The snafu turned out to be the line in the Announcement that said:

  *) Fix mod_include's handling of regular expressions in
     "<!--#if" directives [Julius Gawlas <julius_gawlas@hp.com>]

Since I hadn't escaped the < of the <!--#if , mod_include tried to parse
the thing and segfaulted.  Thanks to Brian Pane for tracking this down.

Anyway, not a big deal for 2.0.39 since the HTML file was to blame, but
definitely something that should be fixed for 2.0.40.

--Cliff