httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject RE: Discarding bodies multiple times
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 17:14:39 GMT
On Fri, 31 May 2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> A filter should NEVER call ap_die.  At the very worst, it should create
> an error bucket and send it down the stack.

What about ap_http_header_filter() at line 1460 of http_protocol.c?

    APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH(e, b) {
        if (e->type == &ap_bucket_type_error) {
            ap_bucket_error *eb = e->data;

            ap_die(eb->status, r);
            return AP_FILTER_ERROR;
        }
    }

Is that an exception to that rule?  (I did a grep for ap_die and this was
the only case of it being used in a filter... but I knew about this one
when I sent my original message because I ran into this one just the other
day.)

--Cliff