httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David McCreedy" <mccre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap ap_strtol.c Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 05:35:46 GMT

I agree with this approach.
I've confirmed that TPF's strtol function returns an errno of ERANGE.
I don't know if OS390's and BS2000's compilers do as well.

Jim has updated ap_strtol.c with an explicit warning:  "... this will break
on EBCDIC machines if base is >19."
And since Apache itself only does base 10 and base 16 I'm not going to do a
last minute patch for TPF/EBCDIC.
It's not worth the risk of complicating or breaking the T+R of 1.3.25.

-David

                      Jim Jagielski

                      <jim@jaguNET.com>        To:       jerenkrantz@apache.org (Justin
Erenkrantz)
                                               cc:       dev@httpd.apache.org, jim@jaguNET.com

                      06/17/2002 09:14         Subject:  Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap
ap_strtol.c Makefile.tmpl
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      dev