httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David McCreedy" <mccre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap ap_strtol.c Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 02:48:45 GMT

I should be able to submit a patch for that on Tuesday afternoon.
Is that too late for 1.3.25?

-David

                      Cliff Woolley

                      <jwoolley@virgini        To:       dev@httpd.apache.org

                      a.edu>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap
ap_strtol.c Makefile.tmpl
                      06/17/2002 08:39

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      dev

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, David McCreedy wrote:

> The ap_strtol function in ap_strtol.c assumes that A-Z / a-z are
contiguous
> ranges (and I'm glad to say it documents this assumption).
> While this is true for ASCII it is NOT true for EBCDIC machines: TPF,
> OS390, and BS2000.
> In EBCDIC, A-I / a-i are contiguous, J-R / j-r are contiguous, and S-Z /
> s-z are contiguous.
> I know this is true for TPF and strongly believe it is also true for
OS390
> and BS2000.

Wow.  :)  Good catch.  Will you author a patch for us?  I don't consider
it a showstopper for 1.3.25, but in the long run, yeah it would be nice to
have fixed.  Just change it for the EBCDIC case... no need to add overhead
for ASCII machines.

Thanks,
Cliff