httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 Numbers
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:05:56 GMT
"Rasmus Lerdorf" <rasmus@apache.org> wrote:

> Up from 397 requests/second but still nowhere near the 615 requests/second
> for Apache 1.3.  But, doing this buffering internally in PHP and then
> again in Apache doesn't seem efficient to me, and the numbers would seem
> to reflect this inefficiency.

Rasmus... I was chatting with Ryan on IRC today, and in my case (I have a
document which is approx 11 Kb long), Apache 2.0.39/worker on
Solaris/8-intel actually outperforms Apache 1.3.26 with the same PHP 4.2.1
(well, the one for Apache 2.0 uses Apache2Filter from PHP HEAD)...

It's a good 10% faster than 1.3...

(If people are interested in numbers, I'll rerun the tests. When RBB told me
he expected those results, I /dev/null ed em...)

    Pier