httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: daedalus pegged
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:07:35 GMT
"Greg Ames" <gregames@apache.org> wrote:

> Cliff Woolley wrote:
>>
>> Well, I guess our security advisory worked.  Daedalus is totally maxxed
>> out at 700 concurrent requests
>
> holy cripe!
>
>> (which I assume is the maxclients setting).
>
> yep.
>
>> MANY people downloading the new releases of Apache (expecially
>> 1.3.26.tar.gz and the win32 binary of the same version).
>>
>> Good to see our efforts taken seriously.
>
> It's back down to 560 now.  We've got a bunch of headroom available on
> MaxClients, but I don't want to bump it up a huge amount at times like this
> without watching it closely.
>
> Thanks for the heads up.

I'm rsyincing now the distribution over onto nagoya... Given it's an
*.apache.org machine, I believe that people might feel more "safe" to
download it from there... I'm adding a mirror to our set...

One other thing we might want to consider is putting a link to the download
site over onto the httpd site, pointing to /dist, with something like

  <A href="httpd://www.apache.org/dist/httpd">Update NOW!</A>

    Pier
--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion of different
sublanguages in  one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C with