httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [TEST] Apache 1.3.26 Release Candidate for Testing
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:07:54 GMT
Can't build on MacOS/X (I am being silly now!)...

$ ./configure \
    --prefix=/Library/Services/Apache \
    --enable-module=most \
    --enable-shared=max
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.26
 + using installation path layout: Darwin (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + enabling mod_so for DSO support
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Darwin platform
 + setting C compiler to cc
 + setting C pre-processor to cc -E -traditional-cpp
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
      enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + using builtin Expat
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in src/support
Creating Makefile in src/regex
Creating Makefile in src/os/unix
Creating Makefile in src/ap
Creating Makefile in src/main
Creating Makefile in src/lib/expat-lite
Creating Makefile in src/modules/standard
Creating Makefile in src/modules/proxy
$ make
[.....]
cc  -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -o mod_alias.so mod_alias.lo
cc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DDARWIN -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -DSHARED_MODULE mod_rewrite.c && mv
mod_rewrite.o mod_rewrite.lo
/usr/include/ndbm.h:63: header file 'db.h' not found
/usr/include/ndbm.h:83: undefined type, found `DB'
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic
mode
make[4]: *** [mod_rewrite.so] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make: *** [build] Error 2

Why the hell is db.h not there? AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

    Pier

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion of different
sublanguages in  one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C with