httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Status line problems...
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:24:51 GMT
Folks, I don't really get this one... Maybe someone can enlighten me. Stefan
is using mod_webapp on HP_UX, with Apache 1.3.23.

WebApp sets the status line in the request_rec structure, doing something
like:

  if (status !=NULL && status[0]!='\0')
        req->status_line=apr_pstrdup(req->pool,status);

Now, it happens that when that line is in place, oddly enough, the response
seen by the client instead of being

  HTTP/1.1 XXX My Message Goes Here

comes out as

  HTTP/1.1 My Message Goes Here

basically dropping the status error code... I can't reproduce this locally,
but it seems to be happening on HP-UX. Is anyone aware of a bug like this?

If we don't set request_rec->status_line, everything seems to work pretty
well...

If you have any hint let me (and Stefan, on CC) know, it's a week we're
trying to sort this out! :) :) :)

Thanks!

    Pier