httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 1.3.22: Address already in use
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:38:11 GMT
At 09:21 AM 6/28/2002, Graham Leggett wrote:
>Joe Orton wrote:
>
>>Had you modified your config file as well as upgrading? That can also
>>happen if you have conflicting Listen statements, e.g.:
>>Listen 80
>>Listen localhost:80
>
>That was it - thanks!
>
>Is it not an idea to put a useful error message here...?

What if the server collected a list of low-level messages ("Listener
created for n.n.n.n:80")
that would be written anyways at loglevel debug.  Set the list aside for
loglevel > debug
as we bind each listener.

If we hit the can't create listener case, spool these out before emiting
the failure message.

In the normal case we are silent on success.  In the error case we would be
much clearer.

Bill