httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: Apache/Mingw Build Hackathon 19:00Z Jul 1 @ #apr
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:08:53 GMT
At 19:55 25.06.2002, G√ľnter Knauf wrote:
>I forwarded your suggestion to the MingW list; and here's the reply of one
>of the developers:
>
> > Can't say that I'll join this, but for libtool/autoconf/automake/m4 see
> > the MSYS links at www.mingw.org and the msysDTK alpha package in the SF
> > Files page.

I was hoping to do it as "cleanly" as possible, with no MSYS or anything,
to be able to stay just with the  windows cmd shell. If not I'd be using
Cygwin.

>binutils 2.11 and gnumake 3.79 are available.

> >>I have a make running here, but I think I saw somewhere it's pretty
> >>crippled. I can't seem to find it back though, so maybe I was dreaming!
>
> > Of course, when I think about it, it's pretty awkward running a normal
> > make
> > someplace that doesn't have "sh", because many commands might not work.
>there are also some sh available, but I dont know if you really can run
>configure on them;
>but another aproach maybe building it under the Cygwin shell but link for
>MingW32;
>I've not self tried but there exists some switches, f.e. -nocygwin;

Yes, this might be a possibility, but it would be pretty nice to be able to
say "hey you can just compile Apache on windows, all you need is the Mingw
gcc!" If this is doable, I'd sure as hell be willing to try.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be