httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: How much effort to get Apache working with Mingw?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:20:36 GMT
At 22:51 19.06.2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>Einar...
>
>This has been on my to-do for 3 years ;)  Thanks for taking up the challenge.
>
>If we could set up an evening next week or over the weekend, perhaps we have
>an informal Win32/mingw hackathon on irc://irc.openprojects.net/ #apr channel
>to trade ideas with anyone interested in attacking this, and turn around
>working
>1.3 and 2.0 build methods.
>
>The problem with mingw has been the lack of libtool/autoconf/automake/m4
>support, but I'm hoping to hear that the situation has improved over time :)

I'm into anything and hope to be able to do as much as possible, although
I'm not too experienced with Apache hacking. My goal for this summer has
been to get mod_perl and Apache to work on as many varieties of windows as
possible, so heck I just want to try :) Anytime after next thursday is fine
with me.

As for libtool etc etc... No idea, but I do indeed hope so! I'll try to
take a look around..

Good to see someone else is interested in this!

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be