httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject How much effort to get Apache working with Mingw?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:07:18 GMT
Hello,

I was thinking to get Apache compiled with Mingw, but it seems like all
your instructions are based on MVC++ (which I don't really want to pay
for). Do you know how much would be needed to do for Apache to work with
Mingw? Perl uses another make called "dmake" and has a separate makefile,
but I'm not sure if that would be needed. I guess in theory just changing
the compiler name to gcc would be enough, but that's in theory of course :)
Has anyone ever tinkered with this? It would be a great alternative for
win32 platforms, because it would allow more people to compile themselves.

Anyway, the real reason I'm asking is because I want to do mod_perl work
with Mingw, which would make it easier to contribute. So I'm wondering: as
Mingw uses the same runtime library as MS Visual C (MSVCRT) under the hood,
would it be possible to compile DSO modules with Mingw and make them run
with binary distributions of Apache?

Oh yeah: I'm talking 1.3 and 2.0 here, the best would be both.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be