httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [TEST PLEASE!!] apache 1.3 and 2.0 nearing release
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:57:45 GMT
At 10:33 AM 6/18/2002, G√ľnter Knauf wrote:
>Hi Bill,
> > Win32 and Netware should both be working [actually, win32 worked like a
> > champ,
> > great job Cliff!  Only hassle was the signedness issue I mentioned.]
>
> > As it turns out we can trust Win32 on this one to return ERANGE.  Now we
> > had
> > to make a call on Netware, and since we needed to get this rolled and out
> > the
> > door, we opted to trust the Watcom docs that they return ERANGE as well.
> > Hope to hear confirmation that that was a safe assumption.
>we use Metrowerks CodeWarrior or GCC for compiling Apache for NetWare; not
>Watcom;
>but I've just compiled 1.3.25 with CodeWarrior and no problems, compiles
>and runs...
>
>on Win32 I got some problems with openssl: seems that the directory
>structure has changed;
>I had to rename the include dir to inc32 and to copy the *.lib into
>out32dll...
>comes this new structure from newer openssl??

Well it's been that way since I created the .dsp file.  We can look for
both inc32 and include,
both libpaths out32dll and (???).  And check bin for .exe's.  That doesn't
bother me at all.

This is simply how the build step works for the ms/makefile.* dll foo on
OpenSSL 0.9.6c
and later, which is the only version one would be safe in using.  Older
versions have just
too many exploits, so I'm not excited about providing a ton of back-compat
for them.

Bill