httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Gotta close this bugger
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 03:09:17 GMT
Ok, one last biggy for 2.0.37, would like to patch tonight.

The question; where on earth should we change the cwd(), and which
cwd() should we choose for Win32 Services [and do we even wish to change
the cwd() in any other case?]

I have a patch going in now that simply fixes up the cwd if we choose
--runservice [what the SCM invoked.]  Is there are reason to fix it
elsewhere, or can we presume that the fool who runs it across drive
letters without rooting paths with drive letters gets exactly what they
ask for?  [This could be legit, imagine running apache on c:, from the
d: volume where your /serverroot files reside].