httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: SSL Error in Head
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 17:03:11 GMT
At 11:49 AM 6/1/2002, you wrote:
>"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> >
> > "unexpected error" makes me ask if things just aren't out of sync, before
> > even digging in.  I'll check mozilla RC1 again and bump to RC3.  BTW -
> there
> > is no unpatched XP box in the mix, is there?
>
>Yes. I thought the XP thing was an error with chunking. Anyways, IE6
>works fine and it does HTTP 1.1 also.

Cool.  The XP thing is very specific to EXACTLY how the application or the
server daemon uses windows sockets, in combination with significant data
exchange [e.g. http GET might not trigger it, while either http POST or SSL
negotiation might.  In fact, POST+SSL seems like the most lethal combination
when sockets are used in a BSD-like mode.]

I'd suggest applying the afd.sys fix first to the server, then to the
client, and
testing out an unpatched XP Mozilla 1.0RC3 client against a patched XP
httpd server [we know Apache/httpd has this issue.]  If the bug remains for
the client on an unpatched XP box, it's definately worth bringing to the
attention
of the Mozilla folks.  This could also expedite adopting the patch with XP
SP1,
if it isn't already scheduled for inclusion and the window is still open.

Bill