httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Baker <jerryba...@attbi.com>
Subject Virtual Hosts Docs Bug?
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:49:00 GMT
The doc at http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html has a
misleading statement.

	Configuration directives set in the main server context
	(outside any <VirtualHost> container) will be used only
	if they are not overriden by the virtual host settings.

This led me to the erroneous conclusion that any directive set in the
main server config would be applied to all virtual hosts unless
explicitly overridden in a particular virtual host config. This is not
the case. There are a few directives that are not carried over from the
default config at all. The options that I have noticed do not carry over
are Options, Alias, and AllowOverride. I'm sure there are more.

--
Jerry Baker