httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: core_output_filter buffering for keepalives? Re: Apache 2.0 Numbers
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:31:35 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

>I think we should leave it alone.  This is the difference between
>benchmarks and the real world.  How often do people have 8 requests in a
>row that total less than 8K?
>
>As a compromise, there are two other options.  You could have the
>core_output_filter refuse to buffer more than 2 requests, or you could
>have the core_output_filter not buffer if the full request is in the
>buffer.

In your second option, do you mean "full response" rather than "full
request"?  If so, it's equivalent to what I was proposing yesterday:
send the response for each request as soon as we see EOS for that request.
I like that approach a lot because it keeps us from doing an extra
mmap/memcpy/memunmap write before the write in the real-world case
where a client sends a non-pipelined request for a small (<8KB) file
over a keepalive connection.

--Brian