httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dwayne Miller" <dmil...@espgroup.net>
Subject Re: Build error 2.0.39 w/SSL on Win2K
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:18:25 GMT
No.  I recently removed bison.  Reason was that it should not be needed
to build this code as the .c and .h files that would be generated have
already been generated and are part of the distribution.  I checked
again and sure enough, the dates of the .c/.h files imply that they were
compiled after the .l/.y sources were modified.

I commented out the sections of the mod_ssl.mak that build these files
and everything worked fine.  I looked at the makefile sections and could
not figure out why the build was trying to rebuild those files... but it
does.  I'll keep looking, but I've never had a great understanding of
makefiles.

Bottom line is that it should not be entering the dependancy that uses
bison when compiling the distribution code.