httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/error/include bottom.html
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 02:31:41 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>

>>+1.  If I don't hear any objections, I will comment out this section of
>>httpd.conf and reverse the changes to the error docs.
>

> I would suggest that BOTH changes are appropriate.  Somebody just looking
> through the config for things to uncomment might be unaware of the
> ServerSignature implications.

Yes, but they will at least have made a conscious decision to activate
those error docs, so they *should* understand where the error messages
are coming from.  (Yes, I know, some people won't understand, but that
is true regardless of how we do things.)

I'll try to improve the comments to help people understand this.

Joshua.