httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Server Side Include as default for the /manual directory....
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:28:18 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:

>    It appears that many of the documentation pages use a server-side
>include directive to include the header and footer for the page.  But by
>default, server-side includes are not turned on in the /manual
>directory.  Should
>
>    Options IncludesNoExec
>    AddOutputFilter Includes html
>
>be added to the /manual directory block?

Yes, and I think we also need to make a change to enable
the *.html files within that directory to be server-parsed:
either add the INCLUDES handler for *.html in that directory,
or install the relevant files with 755 permissions and rely
on XBitHack.  (I like the first of these two approaches
better.)

--Brian