httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject ap_discard_request_body Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 00:10:58 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

>For the limits stuff, we need to decide if we want to return 413 if the
>server doesn't care about the request.  For example, default_handler
>always just discards the request body, so is it an error if the user
>sends 100 Meg of data with a request that is just going to ignore it?
>Probably, and if that is the case, then ap_discard_request_body has to
>stay in all of the handlers.

I don't think this case has to be considered an error.  We'll still
be compliant with 2616 if we return a 200 and discard a 100MB post
body that's been sent to, say, a static page.

Assuming there's nothing else that breaks, I really like the idea
of simplifying the handlers' responsibilities by saying that only
the default_handler has to worry about discarding the request
body.

--Brian