httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to achieve zero-copy when reading request headers?
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 05:04:46 GMT
On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 09:44:41PM -0700, Brian Pane wrote:
> It should only be one.  But it's not.  The speculative read to
> check for a '\t' at the start of the next line uses a separate
> brigade.
>
> Hmmm...I might as well fix that now; it will speed things up a
> little while we figure out the best solution for the more
> general problem of temp brigade management.

Hmm.  It would also be nice to rename b and bb to brigade so
the variable name make more sense.  =)  b and bb are *both*
brigades (and you are right that bb may not be needed).

Ugh.  (My bad, I know.)

> +0.  If we create the temp brigade in ap_get_mime_headers(), we'll
> still be doing the brigade creation/deletion for the first line of
> the request.  We really need to create the temp brigade in
> ap_read_request(), and then pass it through a variant of
> ap_get_mime_headers() that takes the temp brigade as an input.

That'd be far better than adding a brigade to request_rec.  I'm
guessing you are okay with adding a brigade parameter to
ap_rgetline?  (It's defined as an optimal interface to ap_getline,
so it seems okay to me to change its API.)  -- justin