httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:26:26 GMT
On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:22:30PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> >        * server pushed CGI's not working.  (Is this a showstopper??)
> >          PR: 8482
>
> This isn't really a handler problem, it is a filter problem.  There are
> two ways to fix this.  Change the cgi-handler, so that if it is a server
> pushed CGI script the handler reads directly from the pipe, and passes
> the data down the stack with a flush bucket.  Or, add a special flag to
> the bucket brigade so that the filters know to flush the data ASAP.

FWIW, my note in STATUS was referring to:

    * All handlers should always send content down even if r->header_only
      is set.  If not, it means that the HEAD requests don't generate the
      same headers as a GET which is wrong.

I think we should eliminate r->header_only from request_rec.

But, as far as the CGI handler goes, #1 sounds better than #2 to me,
at least.  -- justin