httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Perry Harrington <pedw...@webcom.com>
Subject Apache core dump
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 01:32:56 GMT
I cannot for the life of me get Apache to dump a core file.

I have the Coredirectory set to a writable directory, and I even modified
the signal handler to simply call abort after chdir.

I even tried setting the CORE rlimit size to RLIM_INFINITY.

Does anyone have a clue why this is barfing?

When I truss the process, it catches the signal and goes about cleaning up,
the abort doesn't trigger a core file.

This is driving me batty!

I have the accept mutex using fcntl locking and I linked it without pthread
support, so threading shouldn't be the cause.

I event commented out the SIGABRT handlers so it would default to the system
handler.

Solaris 2.6 system, latest cluster bunch.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington                 Director of                    zelur xuniL  ()
perry at webcom dot com      System Architecture                Think Blue.  /\

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin