httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: core_output_filter buffering for keepalives? Re: Apache 2.0 Numbers
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 05:29:45 GMT
On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 01:07:48AM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> Anyway, what I'm saying is: don't make design decisions of this type based
> only on the results of an ab run.

+1

I think at this point ab should have the ability to interleave issuing
new connections, handling current requests, and closing finished requests,
but it would be nice if someone else could make sure.

If I get a chance I'll try to run flood against the two scenarios --
it tends to get around some of the concurrency problems we see with ab
but at the expense of scalability.

-aaron