httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Zvi Har'El" ...@math.technion.ac.il>
Subject Re: [RHSA-2002:103-13] Updated Apache packages fix chunked encoding issue
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 14:27:49 GMT
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:57:00 -0400, bugzilla@redhat.com wrote about "[RHSA-2002:103-13] Updated
Apache packages fix chunked encoding issue":
> We have backported the security fix from the official Apache 1.3.26
> release. This should help minimize the impact of upgrading to our errata
> packages.

Hi,

Since you have backported apache's implementation for ap_strtol, does this mean
you suspect glibc's strtol? I believe the latter sets ERANGE correctly,
therefore the whole business of replacing strtol by ap_strtol everywhere doen't
make sense. The only real fix is the patch of http_protocol.c, where *atol* is
replaced by strtol. (of course redhats' apache_1.3.23-chunky.patch does other,
unrelated stuff).

Best,

Zvi.
--
Dr. Zvi Har'El     mailto:rl@math.technion.ac.il     Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-227607                   Technion - Israel Institute of Technology