httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/error/include bottom.html
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:32:55 GMT
On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 10:25:59PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> In any case, I have a patch ready to commit that removes Ryan's changes,
> but comments-out the internationalized error docs in the default config.
>   I believe that is better than the existing setup for a variety of
> reasons, and it leaves the server string in the default setup (via the
> builtin error messages).  Would that resolve your veto?

Why wouldn't we want to internationalize the error docs by default?

The ServerTokens directive controls what is returned.  So, if the
admin doesn't want to display what version they are running, they
only need to set that directive and that changes it for everything
(including the Server HTTP header).  -- justin