httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap ap_strtol.c Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:14:12 GMT
On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 11:06:30PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> With 2.0, we are lucky because we require not only an ANSI compiler
> but also the full ANSI function suite. That's never been the case
> on 1.3. So, at least with 1.3, we can't assume that strtol() works
> as we require, since we don't require strict ANSI functionality.
> We could have done a NEED_STRTOL, but that would require more
> knowledge than we have right now, I'm afraid.

I guess my point was that we could use the system strtol() for
EBCDIC machines on 1.3 to handle this special case.  Since those
machines are typically confined to one particular compiler and
library, we can easily verify that those strtol() implementations
are correct.

#ifdef CHARSET_EBCDIC
#define ap_strtol strtol
#else
...<whatever we have now based on the BSD code>...
#endif

Just a thought.  -- justin