httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Eibner <tho...@stderr.net>
Subject Re: traffic logging per vhost
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:45:06 GMT
On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 12:25:58PM +0200, Nick De Decker wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I want to log the traffic usage of my namebased virtualhosts in a mysql database, so
i would like a logfile like : "virtualhost <bytes>"  for every hit so that i can parse
that file with something like perl and put the traffic in the mysql db.
> I still need seperate access logfiles for every virtualhost. I tried to specify 2 logfiles
for every virtualhost, one with a pipe to some perl-parsing script. But it seems apache runs
a seperate instance for every virtualhost, so performance dropped :(
> So what's the best way to have a serverwide accesslog that contains the name of the virtualhost
and the number of bytes of the hit. I still need the seperate logfile per virtualhost.
> I thought of getting one big logfile and use some script to split it up and write the
users-logfile myself, but since i'm having a couple of hundred vhosts i prefer not to do this
because i need to store all that pathinfo...

> What about a simple apache module that just writes this simple log to a file, or is this
impossible ?

There are modules out there that log to a mysql database, you'd probably
be able to do some summarizing on that. Look at http://modules.apache.org/
for that (those?) modules.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>