httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject HEAD hang due to FreeBSD 4.6?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:48:41 GMT
On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 04:54:16PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> -1 from me.

Yeah, well I blame FreeBSD not httpd-2.0.

icarus% uname -a
FreeBSD icarus.apache.org 4.6-RC FreeBSD 4.6-RC #11: Mon Jun  3 17:17:13 PDT 2002     brian@icarus.apache.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/icarus
 i386

I bet this has been broken since Brian installed the new kernel.
(I don't remember him announcing he upgraded the kernel.)  The
particular situation we got is just too icky not to be caused by
the OS - read() returning EAGAIN on reading stderr of the script
and select() hangs for the 5 minute file timeout.  This code hasn't
changed in APR since 2.0.36, but the OS has changed.

Regardless, if we read stdout first, we can then read stderr on
FreeBSD 4.6-RC.  So, it's fixed in our HEAD (I tested on icarus).
And, we should get better RFC compliance to boot.  Everything is
related, isn't it?  (I sound like James Burke.)

I do wonder why FreeBSD changed this.  -- justin