httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject nope. HEAD hangs. (was: Re: 2.0.37 ready to release?)
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:54:16 GMT
On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 02:29:13PM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> Cliff Woolley wrote:
> > From all accounts I've heard (except the one tiny snafu on ReliantUnix),
> > 2.0.37 is working nicely.  +1 for GA from me.
> >
> > --Cliff
>
> +1 from me

-1 from me.

Try these two operations against cvs.apache.org:

$ telnet cvs.apache.org 80
GET /viewcvs/ HTTP/1.0
host: cvs.apache.org

<output goes here>

$ telnet cvs.apache.org 80
HEAD /viewcvs/ HTTP/1.0
host: cvs.apache.org

<HANG!!!>

No idea what is causing it right now, but I found it because I can't make
updates on freshmeat.net. It tries to do a HEAD on the URLs you give it.
This was happening when icarus was on an older Apache, then it got upgraded
to 2.0.3??, and I think it started working (not sure). Now that it is at
2.0.37... it definitely doesn't work.

There'd be no way to announce on freshmeat, at a minimum.

And given the easy repro case...

Cheers,
-g

--