httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: last modified header
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:52:18 GMT
On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 08:41:08AM +1000, Jie Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >From http://www.xav.com/scripts/search/help/1068.html:
>
>     On the Apache web server, the last modified HTTP header is returned if
>     the HTML or SHTML file is executable. If the file has only read
>     permission, then no last modified information is returned.

This is quite ambiguous, but I think this is how it should read:

On the Apache web server, the last modified HTTP header is returned if
the file is an HTML file.  If it is a SHTML (or processed by
mod_include), then the last modified header is only returned when
the SHTML file is executable.  Otherwise, for a SHTML file with no
executable bit set, no last modified information is returned.

HTH.

In the end, we are doing the 'correct' thing.  -- justin