httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Smiley Jonathan <smileyjonat...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject [suggestion] FHS config.layout entry for httpd2
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:52:02 GMT
  I sometimes need to run multiple httpd instances and/or versions on the same
machine for testing/migration.  I've got an FHS-compatible config.layout entry
which I use to simplify this.  Feel free to add this to the config.layout file
if you think it would be useful.

#   According to the Linux Filesystem Hierarchy Standard 2.2 (FHS) with
#   the full product name and version in the directory names.  For more
#   information see the specification at http://www.pathname.com/fhs/.
#
<Layout LinuxFHSFullName>
    prefix:        /opt/apache-httpd-2_0_36
    exec_prefix:   ${prefix}
    bindir:        ${exec_prefix}/bin
    sbindir:       ${exec_prefix}/sbin
    libdir:        ${exec_prefix}/lib
    libexecdir:    ${exec_prefix}/libexec
    mandir:        ${prefix}/man
    sysconfdir:    /etc${prefix}
    datadir:       /var${prefix}/share
    installbuilddir: ${prefix}/build
    errordir:      ${datadir}/error
    iconsdir:      ${datadir}/icons
    htdocsdir:     ${datadir}/htdocs
    manualdir:     ${prefix}/manual
    cgidir:        ${datadir}/cgi-bin
    includedir:    ${prefix}/include
    localstatedir: /var${prefix}
    runtimedir:    /var/run/apache-httpd-2_0_36
    logfiledir:    /var/log/apache-httpd-2_0_36
    proxycachedir: /var/cache/www/apache-httpd-2_0_36/proxy
</Layout>

  This layout suits my particular needs, and I do have a rationale for the
file/directory placements I've used.  I won't bore you with the details unless
someone asks me to.

  Hope this helps,
                                             Jonathan Knispel

http://www.sold.com.au - The Sold.com.au Big Brand Sale
- New PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, phones and more ... Sale ends June 12