httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: apache under linux -- restarting problems
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 22:12:42 GMT
On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 02:52:32PM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> I've just run into this, and it is present in 2.0.36..
> the name-based sysvmem isn't appropiate as it will cause apache to
> refuse to start when you upgrade a module  (forcing a reboot)
>
> a simple way to 'fix' is this it for the server to write out in the
> error message what sharedmem segment it is trying to create so you
> can ipcrm it. otherwise your forced to remove them all which is not a
> good thing

You shouldn't have to reboot. This also is a problem with both semaphores
and shared memory whenver apache is not shut down cleanly. I'm not sure
what you mean by being forced to remove all, but it would be nice if we
could come up with a better way to deal with this situation (it seems
to be coming up a lot recently). Perhaps ipcs/ipcrm docs aren't good
enough?

-aaron