httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Rosenman <...@lerctr.org>
Subject Re: Query: bugs 8712 and 10156/NOW 10235 as well.
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 02:34:45 GMT
On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 07:02, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 06:48, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> > Have you tried your latest and greatest OS with Apache httpd-2.0 yet?
> > One of the nice things with 2.0 is that it should easily adapt to
> > new platforms.  Things like this aren't hardcoded anymore.  This
> > makes our job easier.  If you aren't using 2.0, why not?  After
> > all, it is our recommended platform.  1.3 is no longer recommended
> > for general use.  The only reason one should stay on 1.3 is because
> > of third-party modules, and again, we can't magically force other
> > modules to work with 2.0.
> Last time I tried, it failed miserably.  I'll try again, and I can
> provide a shell account for ASF use.
submitted bug#10235.  There are still issues on my OpenUNIX 8.0
platform.

My shell account offer still stands.  I also need PHP4 to get it's act
together to run apache2.

The PERCHILD MPM would be a good thing as well, when it's ready.

(this is a threaded kernel, and has LWP's as the kernel scheduling
entity).