httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/filters mod_include.c
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:52:35 GMT
On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 03:55, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > As Justin pointed out on IRC, though, most of the logic to setaside
> > the brigade is probably unnecessary because there's currently no way
> > for that same filter instance to ever get called again with a
> different
> > brigade, so the incomplete tag won't ever be completed.
>
> This whole paragraph scares me, can you please explain it?

If we have an incomplete SSI tag at the end of an included file,
there's no point in trying to set it aside.  When the subrequest
completes and we return to its parent request, even if the parent
request is itself a server-parsed page, it will have a different
include_filter context, so it won't see the setaside partial directive.

The only case where we'd need to set aside the partial directive
is if there are multiple brigades created for the same request.
Is there any handler that does that?

--Brian