httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Apache/Mingw Build Hackathon 19:00Z Jul 1 @ #apr
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:15:43 GMT

: I was hoping to do it as "cleanly" as possible, with no MSYS or
anything,
: to be able to stay just with the  windows cmd shell. If not I'd be
using
: Cygwin.
:

Yes, you can compile Apache with
any Windows C compiler with the
help of only Windows OS files.

Use the Windows built-in script engine
that is, cscript.exe or ( Windows Script
Host - WSH ) as it is called, using plain
VBScript or JScript files for any script
type needed work.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

Send the VC++ DSP make files into WSH
scripts to create GNU makefiles and etc.!

These above scripts can even "run" in a HTA

Introduction to HTML Applications (HTAs)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/hta
/overview/htaoverview.asp

for text boxes, radio and combobox selections,
and whatever GUI type stuff needed to pick the
compiler - BCC or MingW or Watcom or VC++.

Then compile and adjust the Apache source
code as needed  ( and it will be needed ).

WSH Samples:

Online The System Administration Scripting Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/sampscr.asp

Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

New System Administration Scripting Guide Series on
TechNet: "VBScript Primer"
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000ser
v/maintain/optimize/script/NETVBScr.asp

You will most likely hear that only the