httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Rick Kukiela" <apache-...@mmhosting.com>
Subject I asked this on the freebsd-general list...
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:44:29 GMT
In the last episode (Jun 17), Rick Kukiela said:
> I asked on the apache-dev list about when perchild processing will work on
> freebsd and this was the response i got:
>
> "It will never work with FreeBSD 4.6. Perchild requires a good threading
> library, and FreeBSD doesn't have one."
>
> What is being done about this?

THEIR REPLY:
Unless they provide more details (i.e. proof that it's bad), there's
not much that can be done.  The userland threads system is good enough
to run MySQL, mozilla, openoffice, and who knows how many other pieces
of software.

--
Dan Nelson
dnelson@allantgroup.com

So what's the deal here? can some one tell them their threads suck so it can
be fixed?

Thanks
Rick