httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: 2.0.38 is done
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:56:23 GMT
> From: Cliff Woolley [mailto:jwoolley@virginia.edu]
>
> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
> > Hey, we can't win 'em all. Let's fix this and anything else that
comes
> > up in the next few days and shoot for another release in < 2 weeks.
>
> No frikkin way!!!!!!  Let's fix this ONE ISSUE (already done) and get
> 2.0.39 rolled immediately.  Seems silly to waste a whole version
number
> over it, but this has gone on long enough.

No.  We have made a release.  We can offer the patch in the patches
directory, and move on.  If we roll another release, we are basically
telling users that they can't expect releases to be valid for any period
of time.  Make this a GA release on Unix and a beta on Windows.  If you
release every two days, you are removing the incentive to upgrade,
because there is always a new release on the way.

Ryan